Longniddry is the closest seaside course to Edinburgh, located on the south shore of the Forth and only a 15 minute train ride from the city centre.
The laying out of the course in 1921 was entrusted to Harry S. Colt, one of the foremost architects of the day. There have been a number of alterations to Harry Colt’s original layout, notably in 1936, when James Braid was invited to advise on the second hole, following which a number of changes were made to the course, although none, it would appear, to the second! With no par 5’s and eight par 4’s measuring over 400 yards
With an interesting mix of inland and links holes, Longniddry offers a very good test of golf for both members and visitors who come to enjoy some of the best golf available in Scotland.