This is an accessibility statement from Visit East Lothian.
Measures to support accessibility
Visit East Lothian takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Visit East Lothian:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Make continued efforts to ensure the website remains accessible as far as possible in our routine maintenance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Visit East Lothian is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
There was no additional accessibility consideration added.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Visit East Lothian. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Visit East Lothian:
- Phone: 01620 827282
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal Address: Economic Development, East Lothian Council, John Muir House, Haddington, EH41 3HA
We try to respond to feedback within ten business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Visit East Lothian is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- We expect our users to be using the latest versions of freely available browsers on their devices. For example Google Chrome on Windows PC or Safari on Apple Mac or Default Browser on Android mobile phone.
Visit East Lothian is not compatible with:
- We know of no incompatible environments. This website is designed to work on all platforms and devices.
Accessibility of Visit East Lothian relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Visit East Lothian, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Visit East Lothian:
- In some cases, we may not be able to ensure instant accessibility of user-generated content.: Part of this website is a Business Directory and users enter their own details and manage their own page(s). because We cannot ensure the quality of contributions. We do our best to monitor the submissions as they come in and will make amendments where we can. Please use the ‘report issue’ button if you encounter an issue.
- The Home page has a map with 'popover' images. There is no discernable label on these markers, however, the is a hidden label added for screen readers. This will cause a 'critical' error on automatic accessibility testers.
- Some pages have an iframe where language is defined in this manner: en_gb. This is a minor issue that is caused by the Google Recaptcha anti-spam checker for the contact form. We cannot influence this.
- The arrangement of the landmark elements in the header of the website is complex. This means that adhering to a strict landmark element hierarchy is not possible. This is a minor issue that will not obscure the user experience, rather enhance the experience with a mega-menu design, which allows for easy navigation around the website.
Visit East Lothian assessed the accessibility of Visit East Lothian by the following approaches:
Other related evidence for Visit East Lothian is available at:
Please contact us using the contact form on our website - https://www.visiteastlothian.org/contact
This statement was created on 28 March 2022 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.