Leuchie Walled Garden is a luxury mid-century modern house that sleeps 12 guests set in its own secluded five acre walled garden on Leuchie Estate. It provides contemporary luxury for the perfect holiday, family occasion, wedding or business event.
Leuchie is one mile from the seaside and the golfing town of North Berwick and within easy access of Edinburgh. The house offers exceptional comfort and spacious accommodation for 12 people. Painstakingly refurbished in 2020, it provides contemporary luxury for the perfect holiday, multi-generational family occasion, wedding or business event.
The huge glass wall lets the outside in, flooding your space with natural light and offering up marvellous views of the garden. The main rooms are all on one level and offer plenty of space for guests to relax. Inside, the modern building showcases a unique collection of antique furniture and eighteenth-century family paintings, collected by the Dalrymple family over 300 years.
The house consists of:
- Large drawing room with log fire.
- The kitchen has seating for 12 with an adjacent service kitchen for cooking preparation. There is a range cooker, Aga and oven, two fridges, two dishwashers, a washing machine and a tumble dryer.
- TV room with large screen
- The dining room, which also seats 12, is ideal for a formal meal or family celebration.
- The six bedrooms and bathrooms have been individually decorated blending mid-century and traditional details with a deep colour palette and modern accents. Three have super king beds, two king size while the sixth bedroom is a twin.
The gardens provide guests with total privacy and the chance to relax or play outdoor games such as croquet or boules. There is also a tennis court and two-hole pitching range for enthusiastic golfers. There are two games rooms with snooker, table tennis and darts.
The house & garden is set in 60 acres of eighteenth-century landscaped grounds which guests are welcome to wander around. In February, the woods are a mass of snowdrops and aconites while in spring the drive is yellow with daffodils and then covered with pink cherry blossom.
The house is ideally suited to family, golfing and other holidays with numerous attractions within an hour’s drive. The house is:
- One mile from the popular seaside town of North Berwick and all its restaurants and facilities. The town is regularly voted best place to live in Scotland.
- Close to several sandy beaches including Seacliff (often nominated as one of Britain’s best beaches, Yellowcraig & the East & West Bays in North Berwick.
The names North Berwick & East Lothian reverberate around the golf world. Famous for its historic courses, stunning views and as host of the Scottish Open, East Lothian is known as Scotland’s Golf Coast. There are 12 courses within 20 minutes of Leuchie’s front door.
The area is renowned for its marine wildlife. Weather permitting, the owner can arrange for trips around the Bass Rock, whose 150,000 gannets David Attenborough described as one of the wonders of the natural world. Also nearby are the islands of Craigleith, famous for its seals and puffins, and Fidra, as well as Aberlady Nature Reserve and the Scottish Seabird Centre in North Berwick.
Weddings for up to 24 guests can be held in the house while a purpose-built marquee can be erected in the garden for larger numbers.